There are all kinds of skin treatments out there that are costly, invasive, and superficial. Skin therapies come and go, but throughout the years there has been one remedy that continues to be a safe, natural, and effective aid against skin cancer and aging.
Niacin-powered skin therapy uses the nutritional supplement Niacin, also known as vitamin b3, to protect and heal skin cells. Niacin can be ingested from a number of meats, fruits, nuts, and vegetables, and increased doses of the vitamin has been shown to be an effective skin care treatment.
How Skin Damage Happens
We know UV radiation is the culprit of skin cancer, but how exactly does a little exposure to the sun set off a chain reaction that can lead to serious health conditions? The answer is found in free radicals.
UV rays from the sun produce free radicals in the body, which are unstable oxygen molecules that scavenge other molecules, leaving them damaged and turning them into free radicals as well. The damaged molecules then scavenge other molecules around them, and the chain reaction continues, causing cell deterioration and aging.
Reversing Skin Damage with Niacin
Where niacin comes in is the production of healthy cells that replace the free radical damaged cells in the skin. Vitamin b3 stimulates DNA repair, increases skin cell turnover and wound-healing, and decreases hyperpigmentation (unusual darkening of the skin).
Niacin also takes preventative action against future cell damage by boosting hydration in the skin and a cell’s ability to retain water. Water acts as a natural barrier against cell damage, so by moisturizing cells niacin provides long-term benefits to the skin.
And finally, dead cells naturally accumulate on the surface of the skin, until they are pushed off by the fresh, young skin below. Niacin speeds up this metabolic process, revealing new skin earlier and getting rid of old cells quicker.
How Niacin Affects the Rest of the Body
In addition to the benefits niacin offers the skin, vitamin b3 has also been shown to facilitate a handful of other health improvements in the body, including:
- Energy production. Niacin works with enzymes to metabolize food calories and absorb nutrients which are spread throughout the organs and muscles of the body, providing them with continual energy.
- Digestion. The efficiency of your digestive system is controlled by the secretion of bile and other stomach fluids. Niacin regulates these fluids, thus improving digestion efficiency.
- Nervous system. Studies have shown that niacin may play an important role in proper nerve functioning. Deficiencies in vitamin b3 can lead to neurological problems, such as tremors, weakness, irritability, depression, and other conditions.
- Sexual performance. Niacin has also been proven to aid in the production of sexual hormones that dilate blood vessels and boosts heart rate to enhance sexual performance.
- Treating Health Problems. Because of its beneficial properties, niacin vitamins are frequently used in treating patients who suffer from an array of health problems, including high cholesterol, diabetes, osteoarthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, skin conditions, and more.
Learn more about how niacin-powered skin therapy can improve your youthful appearance by contacting Accent’s skin care clinic in Gainesville today.